Wednesday, October 8, 2014

We are almost to the end.

The plumbers arrived to install sinks, toilets and faucets.
  After 17 days of semi-camping this was a most wonderful day !!
The plumber told me to go take a walk for about an hour,
so my son and I drove down to the Heron Ferry dock watched the clouds form interesting
designs in the sky while we waited.
Installing my awesome sink.  Check out the light fixtures.
The first sink they brought me was a stainless steel double sink.
It was ugly, I wanted the one above...and I love it.
No more washing dishes outside with the hose.
ah, the toilet-a.
Here comes Dave to bury the trenches from the septic, power
and water.
Removing the temporary utility drive-way of large rocks.
Smoothing out the front yard
and creating a walk-way.  
 All in preparation for the final county inspection.
I planted a flowering ecological lawn mixture.
 
history continued ...
 
I last left off crying in the rain because of a broken awning and a leaking trailer.
Two times, I kid you not, I was awaken from a nightmare of raindrops dripping on my head.  It wasn't a nightmare at all, it was a reality.  More tarps and this time a piece of plywood on top of the trailer to block that leak.  We located the leak to the shelf above my head.
 
    It is now November of 2010 and I haven't heard from my renter/buyers for about five months,  not a word about "buying me out by the end of the year."  So, I finally gave Her a call to see how things were going and I was shocked when I heard her say, "they took out a two-year contract so they could have time to complete the sale of their house. "  It was if she had never said they would buy me out by the end of the year.  Now, to make things even worse, I hear they sold their house but is was a 'short sale' which I now know ... means your credit sucks for the next two years.  This means another year, November 2011.  They were working with NACA to get their loan.  I readied  myself to spend another year in the trailer and sincerely hoped they would get their loan and honor our contract.
Once again, I heard the words, "nothing will stop us from buying this house we love it.
 
I mentioned earlier about the extreme heat that first summer and now as we prepare for our first Thanksgiving,  a snowstorm showed up.  It was exciting and fun ...... until the tarp tents around the area started filling up with snow and yes, they start to cave in and fall over, along with a Madrona tree across the drive-way.
It is Thanksgiving 2010 and with the snow falling  we are to spend holiday in the trailer.  Our drive-way is quite steep and it looks like we may be stuck for a bit until the snow lightens up. My friend, Crystal, had a friend with  a 4-wheel drive truck and offered to stop at our local store and bring us some sort of dinner.  She brought us  two Cornish game hens to cook for dinner.  This was kind of fun....until the temperature dropped and our porta toilet  froze.  Omg this is serious, we need our toilet.  I must say this was somewhat entertaining watching my son outside with a portable heater trying to thaw the septic lines.  I was, in the meantime, collecting snow from outside in a pan,
thawing it on our propane stove and turning it into hot water to pour down the porta toilet....After a lot of effort the septic thawed and now we were free to pee.
We are having fun now, not.
 
At this same time, my neighbor Jarvis, lost his wife, Mary.  They had been married 50 plus years
and he was about to start his new life.  We joined forces and became friends and helped each other through the next two years.  I will always be grateful for those two years.  Trailer life was difficult and Jarvis and I would go and do something fun every Thursday.   He introduced me to the wonderful Museums in the Tacoma area and lunches at fun restaurants.  We would even go to the movies, which neither one of us had done in years.  This was good for both of us while we adjusted to our new lives.  Jarvis has been a very good friend since and will continue to be.   We no longer play on
Thursday's but I value his friendship very much.  My son and I were counting dollars (soon pennies)  and there was no room for entertainment or splurge spending and those Thursday's were cherished.
 
to be continued ...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment