Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A roof to sleep under and a bedroom to sleep in .....

A whole lot of organized confusion.
windows arrived last week 
along with the roofing materials

as usual the unloading of materials was interesting
Lily approved 
The roofers are here ...  it is suppose to rain today
finishing up with the shingles minutes....
 .....before the rain started
Rain or shine the trenches were dug
for the septic, power and water. 
This was a big job and my yard is now a disaster area.
With the shingles bolted down, and the lines for the septic,
power and water in place,  we wait for the county inspection.
My bedroom is set up and I have enjoyed peaceful-
quiet-full night sleeps....plumbers come today and
then the electricians...I will have to move my
belongings out of the way.
 
 history continued ...
 
I last left off with me living high upon the mountain tops of
Colorado.  Getting use to living at 10,000 feet of altitude was different.  Breathing,
cooking and baking taught me new skills and was all very exciting.
The house I bought in Idaho Springs was beautiful and new and big and viewed
the front range.    Spectacular ! 
  Then, that one fine day, I mentioned earlier,  I elected to retire from Safeway.  I took my twenty-one weeks severance pay and moved on.  It was a wonderful feeling waking up the next morning knowing I did not have to go into the office and write up this guys reports...yay !!  
This feeling of euphoria lasted for a few days ...
I was now 52 and too young for retirement !  My son said I was bored.
I responded to an ad in the paper  for a secretarial job at the local school district. 
Might as well put my secretarial training to some use.  I called for an interview
and instead of the office job, I was asked if I would be interested in working
with Special Needs Kids at the middle school.   After going to the school,
 meeting my future boss, Jaycee, and meeting these delightful and interesting kids,
  I accepted the position. 
 So begins my second career in the Special Education Dept.
in the Clear Creek School District of Colorado.
 
 to be continued ...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment