Thursday, June 5, 2014

I just gave my framers a hug and a thank you for framing my beautiful new home. I will miss them.

My front porch, nook, and upstairs bedroom.
 
James and Jeff working non-stop in 80 degree weather
 

These two work 8 hours a day and maybe a
20 minute lunch...they don't walk, they run..they are awesome !

Jeff and James !!

The song 'free falling' was playing when I was
watching this ...  holding my breath.

Now the upstairs roof.

A glimpse at my current living conditions...
on the left.
Russ, if you are following, I will be asking you
for some ideas for this ginormous window.
There will be a blank canvas on the wall behind it.
front door, living room, fireplace (wood burning stove)
 

the other side...sliding glass windows go in here.

my upstairs bedroom...to be.
I love it !!  Again, on the left, my trailer.
4 winters in this trailer !!!! Kept me dry  for the most part.
 
history continued ...
 
I left off with my Safeway departure....but I forgot to mention that in between the
first and second year in Colorado, I found a mountain house.   It was Mother's Day, 1998
 (I think) my son was working,and I decided to go for a drive up to Mt. Evans.   Mt. Evans had
not opened for the season yet.....but then I saw a sign that read "new house for sale" I decided to follow the signs up and down and around and up again to 10,000 feet to find the most
beautiful mountain home ....  brand new.   3,000 sq. ft.  Yes, this is where I want to be.
I put the Littleton house on the market.   It sold in 17 hours to man from New Jersey.
So, commuting from my mountain house down into the city...no problem I can do it.
I was still employed by Safeway and making some pretty good money.  Number one son in
Walnut Creek was going to St. Mary's and falling in love and Number two son decided to
go to McPherson College in Kansas....I was living the high life upon my mountain top.
 
to be continued ...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment