Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Vital signs ... plumbing, water, power, cable and windows.

 
 
 
plumbing, wiring, water and new windows 

upstairs bathroom plumbing
 two outside faucets .. they work now !

50 gallon hot water tank
two of my plumbers are brothers and
their parents, grandparents and children are
all plumbers. 
curious neighbors
fuse box
 
septic, power, water and cable
 ready for L&I inspection.

yay, we passed ...
I feel better with the trenches buried
now my lawn
can start growing back.
Jeff and Brian, my window and siding guys
front view ..nook on the right
looking out my nook windows

sliding glass door/windows going out to the front porch
and facing westerly
 
history continued ...
 
The next 10 years would be an entirely different experience than what
I had in the Fish Buying Dept. of Safeway.
My new position at the middle school opened doors I had never imagined.
My first assignment was working one-on-one with Andrew.  Severely handicapped
and a smile that would knock your socks off.  We hung together for years
and are still friends.  His mom and dad showed me the mountains of Colorado.
We started hiking a mountain a week during the summer months,
   several 14er's, 13er's ...peaks and valleys and meadows ....
 all divinely beautiful and an endearing friendship that I will always treasure.
I was no longer earning the kind of money I made after working 21 years at Safeway,
but managing okay, so far.  Starting over at minimum wage was a bit tricky but
I still had health insurance and a lot more fun. 
It was mentioned to me several times, if I sell the Vaughn property or short plat
it out, life would be easier....financially.  I had a fairly high mortgage payment
with the mountain house and a son in college....it was something to consider but I
loved the Vaughn property
 and I still wanted to get back some day and build my house.
Maybe if I take on a second job, my finances will look better.
 
to be continued ...
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment