Thursday, August 14, 2014

Meet the 'finishers' ... ready to paint !

A moment of thanks ...
to my beautiful and amazing Universe. 
last of the tyvek ! 
Jeff is under the tyvek carefully tacking it down
finishing the siding 
 
After Hank finished hanging the drywall,
Don and Daryl arrived on the job..they are the 'finishers' 
they enjoy their work 
and, 
just like all the folks working on my house, they were just great !
ready for the mudding and texturing 
looks awesome ! 
Now ready for priming...tomorrow.   I have chosen my exterior paint colors
and am very excited...now what color to paint the inside ??
Look at my porch and railings....so cute !!!!!
 
history continued ...
 
I last left off laying the ground work to ready my Colorado house for the market.
Bought a nice extension ladder to reach the high beams in the house so I could
caulk and repair and paint this beautiful 3,000 square foot house.  I spent many weeks
getting my house ready to dazzle the public and a possible buyer.  I first listed the house
on Craigslist and had a couple of folks come by who really liked the house but it had too many switchbacks and was too far away from the city, Denver. 
  No worries, I still had some work to do...but in the meantime, our economy was
starting to take a nose dive.  Fast.
I decided to hire a real estate agent to help sell my house.  After about a month
listening to her complain she only had a few for sale signs to put up and she did not
want to do open houses.....I fired her.   She was not happy but I was.  I found another agent, Louis, and he was all about advertising and open houses.
He found a couple who lived down the hill from me.   This was good, they already knew what
mountain living was all about.   They fell in love with the house and wanted to buy it.  They would
put their house on the market and the process would begin.  I was very excited and relieved because my retirement days were getting close and I needed to get things packed up and ready to head home to the pacific northwest.  
Little did I know.......what these potential buyers were really up to .........
 
to be continued ...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment