Friday, August 22, 2014

Primed and ready

Gifts from my family
 
textured and ready for a coat of primer  
Tully is the name of  my painter, a photo of him will follow later.
He primed the entire inside of the house.
looks great !  Tully will be back to paint the inside and the
outside of the house when the appliances and cupboards
and fixtures are in place. 
The fireplace..
the square hole in the wall is the result of an audible
we had to make on my adorable wood burning stove. 
With only 880 square feet of living space,
 the wood burning stove would  have melted my roof....so,
 a Kozy Heat fireplace will now be installed.
And, here comes Matt and Sean to install that fireplace.
Matt will climb into the chimney area to install the
chimney pipe. 
followed by the chimney cap 

and now I have a chimney 
and, now I have a fireplace..Matt and Sean 
Looks a bit new age....needs a hearth,
accessories .. I'll  have to work on that.
 
In the meantime ...
Joe Millie has my cabinets and doors ready for my viewing.
They look  really good and I can't believe they are going into my new house. 
Maple wood, they are just lovely.  
kitchen drawers 
And, My Lazy Susan...or as Joe calls it... Lazy Sam.
Everything is complete and ready for installation, as soon
as the floors are in...a week or so.
 
history continued ...
 
I last off with my realtor finding a couple who wanted to buy my Colorado home,
but let me go back a smidge ...
while readying my house for the market, I directed my focus on the
Vaughn property, too.  My son and I decided we needed a garage to store everything
we would be bringing from Colorado and a place for him to start his work.
But, we needed a better drive-way, septic, water and power to just get started.
 
I hired Abba Backhoe and Dozing to begin the drive-way.  The lady who runs this
company, Pam, is competent and now a friend..she helped me with all of the county issues and permits, which were many !  The drive-way had to be so many feet across so Perma-built could
get their trucks up to build the garage.  The first attempt to widen the road was not good enough so Abba had to come back in and rework the road to satisfy the county regulations.  Along with widening the road they needed to put in a paved entry area.  This in itself took time and lot's of money...but at last the road was approved !
  Now, on to the septic, power and water.  The water hook up was easy as was the power....the septic, however, took two attempts to satisfy the county regulations. 
 
 Did I mention my neighbor was not happy about all of this?  I had been absent for over 35 years (always checking in when I was in the area and always telling them I would be back some day) but...I don't think they thought I would ever move back.
One early morning the bulldozing started and they knew I was about to start the building process.
Over time my neighbor got over it and welcomed the sun now shining through the trees in the area of the new drive-way.  The drive-way use to be narrow and dark and a car could barely make it up let alone a truck...we now had a beautiful drive, water, power and septic.  Perma-built could now come
in and build the garage.
A friend gave me the name of a builder in the area and we started to dialogue about building me
a house. 
 
to be continued ...
 
  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment