Monday, May 26, 2014

A splendid day....working in the garden, listening to music and watching the framers frame my house.

Sweeet !
Early Monday morning ... nook sidewalls go up.

Working the east wall with Jeff cutting
.
window and front door openings in the plywood

Raising the finished front wall


falls into place

Attaching door frame with side wall

ta dah ...

cute or what ?
 
Tomorrow will be a very big day.  The interior walls
will go up, the decking for the two porches and,
I think, some fireplace chimney work.
 
 background history continued ...
 
  I last left off ... the boy's and I have now  lived in Walnut Creek for 14 years.
My boss has announced his retirement and in the same breath tells us
our Fish Buying Dept. is moving its offices to Denver, Colorado
under the Meat Buying Dept.  Well, this is pretty big news.  I have
a huge decision to make.  I have worked at Safeway for a total of 19 years
and I am not quite old enough to retire.  If I decide to stay in Walnut Creek
what are my chances of landing another job that pays what I am making after
all of these years at Safeway and will pay my bills and house payment ?
The other two buyers have decided to leave Safeway and not
move their families to Colorado.  I had a few days to make
this decision.  To my surprise and that of everyone else, I once again,
accepted the position in the Denver office.
 
  to be continued ...
 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment