Friday, May 16, 2014

A solid foundation upon which I will build my house.........

Hank, my builder, making sure all is in place for the big pour.
adding the vents into the foundation

Ready for the cement...
one more time..


the unraveling of this pump fascinates me


Todd hard at work in 86 degree temps.

hand-patting down the cement.

 

the pour is complete
one day dry time and Tony is back to remove
the forms. 


Ready to frame. 

Next Tuesday a load of lumber will arrive
and on Wednesday the framing will begin.
 
I am adding a little history, now, on how this all evolved....
and why it is so important to me to record each minute of this wonderful adventure.
 
My former husband and I bought this piece of property about 40 years ago. At that time, we lived
in Belfair in a small cabin on the beach.  We had planned to build a house and raise our family on the new property.   However, our marriage did not work out..but our friendship does continue.

At the time of our split, we had 6.5 acres, one son, a volkswagon, a dog.....and, unknowingly, one son in my womb. He took the car and I kept the son(s) ,dog and property.


After giving birth to my second son, the boys and I moved to Seattle.  We rented a house my mother had bought to fix  up to sell.   We left the beach and moved into the city and I began the
process of looking for a job.     To be continued....................

 

No comments:

Post a Comment