Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The lumber and hardware has arrived, ready for tomorrow's framing.

The driver for Gray Lumber is hoping to get up this
long and steep drive-way.

He did fine, because it is a great drive-way.
The unloading of lumber and hardware.


last pallet and now to get down the drive-way

I stood at the bottom of the drive to hail off
any oncoming traffic and to make it easier for the driver
to just come on down and not worry.
Next, one truckload of gravel and

and one load of sand.

 
 
Ready for the framers tomorrow.  It will be a busy
day with the backhoe coming to fill in around the foundation
and the framing....fun !
 
 To continue with my background history...
 
My son's and I have now moved to Seattle, West Seattle. 
It was a bittersweet departure because our dog, Zeke wasn't with us.
Bittersweet because he was a beach dog and I wasn't sure how happy
he would be in the city, so he remained somewhere on the Key Peninsula.
I finally decided to go to the unemployment office and see about a grant to
go back to school, but ended up leaving with a job as a clerk typist for
the Safeway Fish Buying Dept.  My duties were to order the oysters for
all of our Division's across the U.S. and keep the paperwork filed and in order.
I did this for 5 years when the announcement came that Safeway was
moving the Fish Buying Dept. to Walnut Creek, California.  I was offered
a Buying position.  I accepted. So, with two young boys...6 and 13 we packed up
all of our belongings and we headed for Walnut Creek.  Folks told me to sell
the property so I would have money in my pocket.  Didn't want to.
to be continued ........
 

No comments:

Post a Comment