Monday, July 21, 2014

Getting her done !

Hank, Jeff and Brian finishing the bands on the south wall. 
Jeff and Brian ... last side.
lookin'  kinda funky
Saturday morning arrival at 6:50 a.m.
John and his dad, Jose.  My insulation team.
Both worked 10 hours and finished up with insulating
my entire house. 
Insulating under the bathroom 
living area 
nook and  living area
ditto
my upstairs bedroom...had to move my sleeping
gear back into the trailer. :-(.. insulation has a funny smell
and I don't want to sleep with it around me.
the house is air tight !  every hole is caulked !
When you walk through the house, it has a different sound now..
solid, sturdy and quiet.
cleaning up the debris field
my backyard 
 
history continued ...
 
I last left off with my life being full !
 
It is now March 2003 and I am heading home after school and ready for spring break.
A light snow is falling and a lady on the radio, from down south, is saying if
this snow keeps falling at this pace, we are in for some heavy snowfall. 
  Thinking about this for maybe a minute, I decided to stop at the grocery store and stock up a little, just in case.  Oh boy was she right on !!!!! 
Two days worth of snowfall left me in 7 feet of snow and no way to get out of my house.  My son had to cancel his spring break vacation from Kansas because the roads into Colorado were closed. 
This photo is kind of hard to see, but if you look closely at the door all you can see is the imprint of the door handle in the snow !  After 7 days of cleaning the cupboards, the closets, the refrigerator and putting several puzzles together, reading ... I am now running low on food...and cat food ! And, getting restless.  Day 7 I called the sheriff and asked what was going on.  He assured me that the county  would be up the next day to clear the roads.  It took a backhoe and a bulldozer to sorta clear the roads.  I was still stuck in my drive-way.  A young man came by in his bobcat and said for 40 dollars an hour he would clear my drive.  Go for it !!!   Took him 30 minutes but I was so relieved I gave him the whole 40 bucks.  This was an experience I will never forget.  I had to bend over to fill the birdfeeders and dig down to my woodpile.  All vehicles were completely hidden under mounds of snow.  I guess this event happens every 100 years. Fun,  but once was enough for me.
 
Today's blog has a lot of pictures and a lot of words, so I will close for now.
 
 Not only am I burning out with some of my jobs, I am now burning out on snow.
Working at the high school and with my special needs kids remained high priority .
 
to be continued ...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment