Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Freedom to build my House.

front view of the house with new siding and bands
living area and nook 
Jesse finishing up with the electrical hook ups 
wires are all labeled and tucked in neatly
Hank Appleton, the master mind, my builder.
 
history continued ...
 
I last left off,  contemplating a 3rd part time job.
I  decided I could fit the hours in after my school job
and alternate with the gift shop job.  Now I was making ends
meet and putting some money away into savings.
 
 
In 2001 the "No Child Left Behind Act" was passed.
Our special needs kids would now be going into the regular classrooms
rather than one classroom all together.  I became a Pera Educator
going to the classroom with the kids and modifying the
curriculum to a level they could understand.  
It was like going back to high school.  I loved it.
I learned right along with the kids.  Fell in love with Geometry
and our Government/Economics teacher,  Mr. Warmack ..
reminded me how much I love baseball and also inspired me
to read the Declaration of Independence every 4th of July.  He always
read it, and now, so do I....
 
...We hold these Truths to be self-evident,
that all Men are created equal,
that they are endowed by their Creator
with certain unalienable Rights,
that among these are
 Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness....
 
                                                  - July 4, 1776
to be continued ...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment