Sunday, September 7, 2014

A couple more weeks ??

 
Rueben and Billy laying linoleum in the bathrooms  
Billy carpeting the stairs
it looks great and will pad any falls
Jeff bringing my bathroom doors
Contractor has finally arrived to dig the ditch
for the phone line from one transformer to another.
the ditch and the homestead
the tile guys are here !
a water resistant base goes on the wall before
applying tiles
two men in my bathtub ...
cutting tile...
 
they will be back tomorrow, Monday 9/8,
to finish the job along with the painters to prime the outside of
house and the floors are scheduled to go in as well. :-)
 
history continued ...
 
I last left off getting ready to move the first truckload of our
household belongings to Washington State.  The first truck was a flatbed
and took our 1978 International and the 1966 Mustang.  This was a fairly
easy maneuver until the truck reached Washington.  The driver could not
get his truck through the gate and into the storage facility we had picked...no room
for large trucks to deliver and both vehicles were not operative...so, we quickly
found another storage unit in Belfair. (where this story began).  One truckload
delivered and now packing,  getting ready for the second truck.
 
I am very busy working at the high school, readying my house for the market
in Colorado and working with a contractor to design my new house in Washington. 
  He told me to find a house plan that I liked and we could start from there.  
 I wanted a small and convenient house. 
 Something simple I could age gracefully in..maybe around 1,000 square feet.
I found a house design that I liked, but I had never built a house before and didn't
know a lot of things............like what a gable was....the house I picked had several
and each gable would increase my building costs...so,
my contractor started from there and we would begin to re-design this house plan.
He worked hard and we exchanged many emails trying to come up with the best plan.
We now had an approved drive-way, septic, power and water on the Vaughn property.
A phone call to Town and Country and a garage was about to be built.  This would
be a place to store our belongings and a beginning workplace for my son.
 
Life is getting very exciting
but with moving my son from Kansas (where he attended college) to
Colorado and then to Washington and then building a road, putting in water, power, septic
and a garage...
my savings is getting hit pretty hard.
 
to be continued ...
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment